TeamUp announces search for London’s sports teacher of the year
- Credit: Archant
Do you know an inspiring sports teacher with a passion for ensuring young girls have equal access and opportunities to play sport? TeamUp, an initiative designed to engage schools and help teachers deliver team sports to girls, is launching a campaign to search for London’s Sports Teacher of the Year and nominations are now open.
Recognising the hugely significant role teachers play in the development of young girls, the campaign will celebrate those top teachers delivering team sports to schoolgirls across London.
Colleagues, parents and students are being encouraged to nominate a teacher they feel deserves to be recognised for going above and beyond when it comes to hard work, dedication and passion for delivering girls’ sport in school.
TeamUp is a joint initiative launched in 2016 by the England & Wales Cricket Board, England Hockey and England Netball.
It’s goal is to maximise the legacy of three consecutive home women’s World Cups between 2017-2019 and ensure that thousands of seven to 13-year-old girls across the country the chance to play team sports.
You may also want to watch:
The initiative was given a significant boost in May 2017 when Wembley National Stadium Trust (WNST) committed over £650,000 to extend the initiative within the London boroughs and provide local delivery support for London schools and additional opportunities for girls to participate in sport.
Schools can access this support by registering at www.teamupengland.com and applying for support.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
The teachers nominated for London’s Sports Teacher of the Year Award will be shortlisted to a final three, who will be invited to the Vitality Netball SuperLeague Grand Final on Saturday, July 7.
The winner will be announced and presented with their award during the match.
Entries are now open to nominate a teacher who you think deserves the title of ‘London’s Sports Teacher of the Year’.
To nominate, visit http://bit.ly/2GrlUH7 and fill out the short form. Nominations will close on April, 18 2018.