TeamUp announces search for London’s sports teacher of the year
- Credit: Archant
Do you know an inspiring sports teacher with a passion for ensuring young girls have equal access and opportunities to play sport? TeamUp, an initiative designed to engage schools and help teachers deliver team sports to girls, is launching a campaign to search for London’s Sports Teacher of the Year and nominations are now open.
Recognising the hugely significant role teachers play in the development of young girls, the campaign will celebrate those top teachers delivering team sports to schoolgirls across London.
Colleagues, parents and students are being encouraged to nominate a teacher they feel deserves to be recognised for going above and beyond when it comes to hard work, dedication and passion for delivering girls’ sport in school.
TeamUp is a joint initiative launched in 2016 by the England & Wales Cricket Board, England Hockey and England Netball.
It’s goal is to maximise the legacy of three consecutive home women’s World Cups between 2017-2019 and ensure that thousands of seven to 13-year-old girls across the country the chance to play team sports.
You may also want to watch:
The initiative was given a significant boost in May 2017 when Wembley National Stadium Trust (WNST) committed over £650,000 to extend the initiative within the London boroughs and provide local delivery support for London schools and additional opportunities for girls to participate in sport.
Schools can access this support by registering at www.teamupengland.com and applying for support.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 10 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington
The teachers nominated for London’s Sports Teacher of the Year Award will be shortlisted to a final three, who will be invited to the Vitality Netball SuperLeague Grand Final on Saturday, July 7.
The winner will be announced and presented with their award during the match.
Entries are now open to nominate a teacher who you think deserves the title of ‘London’s Sports Teacher of the Year’.
To nominate, visit http://bit.ly/2GrlUH7 and fill out the short form. Nominations will close on April, 18 2018.