Trio of golds for Highgate at Middlesex championships
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Highgate Harriers athletics club
Three Highgate Harriers took gold medals at the Middlesex Indoor Championships at the Lee Valley Stadium last weekend.
Marie Allaphillipe won the under-17 women’s long jump with an effort of 5.19m, while Levi Liston triumphed in the men’s equivalent with a mark of 7.12m and Sam Amdor took gold in under-15 boys’ 1500m in four minutes and 39 seconds.
At the Laredo 10k in Texas, Harriers athlete Hannah Viner placed third in the women’s event after setting a new personal best.
Dan Higgins, meanwhile, took in the Finchley/Hillingdon 20, finishing first in the M40 division in a time of one hour, 59 minutes and 50 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
At the Trafford 10k, Harriers’ Alex Crossland set a new best of 31.22 and club colleague Andrew Chau clocked 34.21.
At the recent British Cross Challenge and Inter-Counties Cross County match in Loughborough, Viner clocked 40.19.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
Yasming Goater (42.47) and Emma Burgess were also in action at the event.