Trio of golds for Highgate at Middlesex championships
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Highgate Harriers athletics club
Three Highgate Harriers took gold medals at the Middlesex Indoor Championships at the Lee Valley Stadium last weekend.
Marie Allaphillipe won the under-17 women’s long jump with an effort of 5.19m, while Levi Liston triumphed in the men’s equivalent with a mark of 7.12m and Sam Amdor took gold in under-15 boys’ 1500m in four minutes and 39 seconds.
At the Laredo 10k in Texas, Harriers athlete Hannah Viner placed third in the women’s event after setting a new personal best.
Dan Higgins, meanwhile, took in the Finchley/Hillingdon 20, finishing first in the M40 division in a time of one hour, 59 minutes and 50 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
At the Trafford 10k, Harriers’ Alex Crossland set a new best of 31.22 and club colleague Andrew Chau clocked 34.21.
At the recent British Cross Challenge and Inter-Counties Cross County match in Loughborough, Viner clocked 40.19.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 7 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 8 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 9 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 10 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
Yasming Goater (42.47) and Emma Burgess were also in action at the event.