Danielle van de Donk says she feels freer in Netherlands role than at Arsenal
- Credit: PA
Arsenal star Danielle van de Donk says she enjoyed playing as a number 10 on Thursday night as the Netherlands beat Belgium 6-1 in Brussels.
The Dutch claimed a convincing win with all three Arsenal stars scoring in the form of van de Donk, Jill Roord and Vivianne Miedema.
Speaking to the Dutch press after the Dutch victory she explained:"I was allowed to play as a ten, all the staff and the girls all have the confidence in me and my ability.
"There was more dynamism in the team it went well and we played great football.
"In the end it is only good that we can play multiple systems for our long term future."
You may also want to watch:
On the current situation for the Gunners van de Donk said: "We have had a lot of cancelled matches after Christmas then we played against Manchester City and Chelsea in three days, which was a bit tough.
"But that's also part of the game we need to keep training hard it was great to play in a real game against two top teams.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
"We're looking forward to our next game against Germany these are the games you want to play. The higher the level, the better.
"These are the games that you learn the most from our focus as it should be is to be even better."
Van de Donk also went on to say she feels freer with the Dutch national team than at Arsenal saying: "At Arsenal I play more like a six or an eight.
"So if you are more attacking here, it is freedom. I have full confidence from the staff and the girls it is just nice to play football.
"At Arsenal I also enjoy playing football only there the small mistakes you make are immediately punished.
"I will not beat around the bush, I do feel freer here with the Netherlands."
The Netherlands are back in action on Wednesday when they take on Germany in Venlo.