Danielle van de Donk says she feels freer in Netherlands role than at Arsenal
- Credit: PA
Arsenal star Danielle van de Donk says she enjoyed playing as a number 10 on Thursday night as the Netherlands beat Belgium 6-1 in Brussels.
The Dutch claimed a convincing win with all three Arsenal stars scoring in the form of van de Donk, Jill Roord and Vivianne Miedema.
Speaking to the Dutch press after the Dutch victory she explained:"I was allowed to play as a ten, all the staff and the girls all have the confidence in me and my ability.
"There was more dynamism in the team it went well and we played great football.
"In the end it is only good that we can play multiple systems for our long term future."
You may also want to watch:
On the current situation for the Gunners van de Donk said: "We have had a lot of cancelled matches after Christmas then we played against Manchester City and Chelsea in three days, which was a bit tough.
"But that's also part of the game we need to keep training hard it was great to play in a real game against two top teams.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 6 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 7 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
"We're looking forward to our next game against Germany these are the games you want to play. The higher the level, the better.
"These are the games that you learn the most from our focus as it should be is to be even better."
Van de Donk also went on to say she feels freer with the Dutch national team than at Arsenal saying: "At Arsenal I play more like a six or an eight.
"So if you are more attacking here, it is freedom. I have full confidence from the staff and the girls it is just nice to play football.
"At Arsenal I also enjoy playing football only there the small mistakes you make are immediately punished.
"I will not beat around the bush, I do feel freer here with the Netherlands."
The Netherlands are back in action on Wednesday when they take on Germany in Venlo.