Arsenal's Danielle van de Donk voted into first ever UEFA Women’s Fans team of the year
- Credit: PA
Arsenal's Danielle van de Donk has been voted into the UEFA Women's Fans team of the year.
This was the first ever addition of the team so it is a credit to the Netherlands international that she has been included in the team.
van de Donk netted five goals in the WSL last season but really flourished on the Champions League stage as she scored 3 goals in 5 matches for Joe Montemurro’s side.
In the 8-0 win over Czech Republic side Slavia Prague last season the 29 year old scored a hat-trick for the Gunners at Meadow Park.
She was a success on the wing last season not playing in her normal number 10 role due to the amount of injuries that the Gunners had to endure but fitted in well in that area.
You may also want to watch:
This season so far the former PSV Eindhoven star has scored one goal and has one assist netting against Brighton & Hove Albion and assisting in the north London derby against Tottenham Hotspur.
What is so good about van de Donk is that this season in her 10 Women's Super League matches she has played in a number of positions on both wings and in centre-midfield.
- 1 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 2 Low Traffic Islington coalition launched to support council's LTN roll-out
- 3 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 4 Open spaces, LTNs, vouchers, vaccinations and neonatal care
- 5 Plans to chop down 70-year-old Islington mulberry tree paused
- 6 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 7 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 8 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic
- 9 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 10 Over-65s vaccinations begin in England as centre reports lack of patients
Playing from the left also allowed van de Donk to operate as a second striker which helped out fellow Dutch teammate Vivianne Miedema.
Van de Donk is one of four Women's Super League players in the team alongside Manchester City's Lucy Bronze and Chelsea duo Pernille Harder and Magdalena Eriksson.
UEFA Women's Fans team of the year: Sarah Bouhaddi (Lyon), Magdalena Eriksson (Chelsea), Wendie Renard (Lyon), Kadeisha Buchanan (Lyon), Lucy Bronze (Manchester City), Amandine Henry (Lyon), Kheira Hamraoui (Barcelona), Sara Björk Gunnarsdóttir (Lyon), Danielle van de Donk (Arsenal), Delphine Cascarino (Lyon), Pernille Harder (Chelsea).