Cricket: Woodford Wells sink Hainault & Clayhall
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Woodford Wells came out on top in their Shepherd Neame Essex League Division One derby with Hainault & Clayhall to make it back-to-back wins.
The visitors were put into bat at Monkhams Lane and saw captain Irfan Shah run out, while George Ellis ripped through the rest of the top order on his way to a superb 5-29 haul.
Danial Mahmood (21) and Sadair Mehdi (41) offered some resistance, but both fell to Viraj Ghandi (3-19) as Hainault were dismissed for 135 in the 34th over.
Joe Johnson led the way with the bat in reply as Wells raced to a seven-wicket victory in 22 overs.
Johnson hit 59 before succumbing to Muhammad Rahim, while Knut Wilmott and Hywel Jones also reached double figures before falling to Mehdi (2-23).
You may also want to watch:
George Styles and Rehan Iqbal then combined to see Wells to their target as they climbed above their rivals and 10 points clear of the relegation zone with five games remaining.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller