White hat-trick secures Admiral win over Pearson in Islington Gazette Cup
- Credit: Archant
Andrew White registered a second-half hat-trick as Admiral came through a stern test to book their place in the second round.
Admiral, who lead the way in the Islington Midweek League Premier Division, were frustrated by their Division One opponents during a scoreless first half.
It needed some sterling defensive work by Jake Hutchings to prevent Pearson from taking the lead, but Admiral looked a different side after the restart.
White broke the deadlock with a 25-yard piledriver, only for Pearson to hit back five minutes later – but Haben Tesim crossed for White to head home and restore his side’s lead.
Tesim then set up Niko Muir to make it 3-1 and also created the fourth goal for Admiral, which White converted to complete his treble before Pearson struck again with a late consolation.
You may also want to watch:
Division One side Dover Castle pulled off the upset of the first round as they overcame top-flight strugglers West End 5-3, while the highest-scoring tie produced 12 goals as Star of Kings beat Regent Legend 9-3.
Elsewhere, last year’s league champions Cricklewood Wanderers beat Fullback 3-0, FC Islington edged out Clocktower 3-2, Islington Borough won 7-2 against Spartak and St Paul’s Celtic triumphed 3-1 against Unity.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
Mavericks London beat Arsenal Positive Futures 6-2 in an all-Division Two clash, while holders Regent’s FC are due to begin their defence of the trophy on Wednesday night against Hilltop.