Wilson’s perfect 10 helps Brondesbury beat North Midd
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Brondebsury captain Adam Wilson produced a perfect 10 to help his side to Middlesex League Premier Division derby success against North Middlesex.
Wilson won the toss and put the visitors into bat, then worked his way through their line-up to record stunning figures of 20.5-2-67-10.
North Middlesex’s top three were all bowled, before Rob Fahrenheim was trapped lbw.
Visiting skipper Tom Nicoll and Adam Holmes were also bowled by Wilson to make it 59-6, before Evan Flowers (22) was caught by Thomas Shaw.
Ravi Patel was eighth man out with the score on 91, but Adam Price (41) and Ethan Bamber (22) fought back late on to lift the total to 159.
You may also want to watch:
Both succumbed to Wilson, though, and Brondesbury went on to secure a six-wicket victory thanks to leading contributions from Finn Allen (59) and James Overy (49).
Sasha Ward was unbeaten on 20 as they reached their target in the 43rd over, with Price (2-14) nabbing a brace for North Middlesex.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing