Win tickets for a big night of boxing at Copper Box Arena
- Credit: Leigh Dawney/TGSPhoto
A feast of championship boxing will mark the Copper Box Arena’s big opening night later this month – and you could be there to witness it.
The Stratford venue, which staged the handball tournament at London 2012, has now been revamped and will be showcasing some of boxing’s star names on Saturday September 21.
And opening night features two of Islington’s top boxing prospects, with unbeaten former Angel ABC star John Ryder bidding to wrest the British middleweight title from Billy Joe Saunders.
On the undercard, former Times ABC welterweight George Kean – who was a senior London ABA champion and captained England – makes his professional debut.
The Queensberry Promotions show includes another five championship fights, with former world heavyweight title challenger Dereck Chisora back in the ring to contest the vacant European crown with Edmund Gerber.
You may also want to watch:
Frankie Gavin takes on David Barnes for the British and Commonwealth welterweight strap, while Paul Butler and Miguel Gonzalez clash for the vacant WBO inter-continental super-flyweight title.
Undefeated super-featherweight pair Liam Walsh and Joe Murray face off for the Commonwealth crown, while Mitchell Smith takes on Scott Moises for the vacant Southern Area title at the same weight.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
We’ve got five pairs of £70 tickets for the show to give away to our readers and, to stand a chance of winning one of the prizes, you just need to answer the following question.
Which of the following boxers won an Olympic gold medal at London 2012?
a) Amir Khan. b) James DeGale. c) Anthony Joshua.
Email your answer, together with your name, address and a contact telephone number, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10am on Wednesday September 18.
If you’re not lucky enough to win on this occasion, you can still see all the action at the Copper Box Arena – tickets are available from Eventim on 0844 269 1000 or eventim.co.uk