Winning start in the pro ranks for former Islington ABC boxer Daniel Dubois
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former Islington ABC heavyweight Daniel Dubois made it a winning professional debut against Truro’s Marcus Kelly in Manchester.
Kelly, a late substitute, came out swinging punches but left his defence wide open.
A left hook to the body followed by a left hook to the head put Kelly onto the canvas and referee Lee Ellis called it off.
Former St Pancras ABC member Davis Pagan made it professional win number four with a knockout success in Southend.
It came against Poland’s Sylwester Walczak in round three of a dinner show at the Skylark Hotel and was his first inside the distance.
You may also want to watch:
He now has a pro record of four wins in five fights.
- 1 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 2 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 3 Richard Watts to stand down as leader of Islington Council
- 4 Islington mental health charity Clubhouse gets £225,000 funding boost
- 5 Islington Council pauses plans to chop down 70-year-old mulberry tree
- 6 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 7 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic
- 8 Meet Islington Boxing Club's new coaches
- 9 The Mall: Mystery surrounds incoming Upper Street supermarket identity
- 10 MP broke rules with late declaration of Islington payments, report finds