Winning start in the pro ranks for former Islington ABC boxer Daniel Dubois
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former Islington ABC heavyweight Daniel Dubois made it a winning professional debut against Truro’s Marcus Kelly in Manchester.
Kelly, a late substitute, came out swinging punches but left his defence wide open.
A left hook to the body followed by a left hook to the head put Kelly onto the canvas and referee Lee Ellis called it off.
Former St Pancras ABC member Davis Pagan made it professional win number four with a knockout success in Southend.
It came against Poland’s Sylwester Walczak in round three of a dinner show at the Skylark Hotel and was his first inside the distance.
You may also want to watch:
He now has a pro record of four wins in five fights.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’