Winning start in the pro ranks for former Islington ABC boxer Daniel Dubois
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former Islington ABC heavyweight Daniel Dubois made it a winning professional debut against Truro’s Marcus Kelly in Manchester.
Kelly, a late substitute, came out swinging punches but left his defence wide open.
A left hook to the body followed by a left hook to the head put Kelly onto the canvas and referee Lee Ellis called it off.
Former St Pancras ABC member Davis Pagan made it professional win number four with a knockout success in Southend.
It came against Poland’s Sylwester Walczak in round three of a dinner show at the Skylark Hotel and was his first inside the distance.
You may also want to watch:
He now has a pro record of four wins in five fights.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 6 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 7 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus