Collapse consigns Highgate to defeat at Wycombe House
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
The recently relegated Premier Division side have struggled for form in 2019
Highgate suffered a heavy loss at Wycombe House last weekend in the Middlesex County Division Two.
The Shepherd's Cot club lost the toss and the hosts were able to post 209-7 off 55 overs.
Syed Hasnain Shah picked up 2-24 off 10 overs after he opened the bowling while Highgate's captain Sandum Dias claimed 1-41.
The pick of the visitors' bowling attack was Uzair Amjaid, however, who helped himself to three wickets for the loss of merely 54 runs off 17 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Needing 210 to win, a good start occurred for Highgate and Hasnain Ali and Shane McNamara put on over fifty for the first wicket.
Yet McNamara was bowled for 33 and Ali followed soon after having hit a patient 23 and the visitors collapsed to 97-8 in no time.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
Captain Dias struck 17, but Highgate needed number nine David Monk's 21 not out and 15 by Shah to get them up to 138 before they were all out.
The loss has them seventh in the table ahead of the visit of Brondesbury on Saturday.