Collapse consigns Highgate to defeat at Wycombe House
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
The recently relegated Premier Division side have struggled for form in 2019
Highgate suffered a heavy loss at Wycombe House last weekend in the Middlesex County Division Two.
The Shepherd's Cot club lost the toss and the hosts were able to post 209-7 off 55 overs.
Syed Hasnain Shah picked up 2-24 off 10 overs after he opened the bowling while Highgate's captain Sandum Dias claimed 1-41.
The pick of the visitors' bowling attack was Uzair Amjaid, however, who helped himself to three wickets for the loss of merely 54 runs off 17 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Needing 210 to win, a good start occurred for Highgate and Hasnain Ali and Shane McNamara put on over fifty for the first wicket.
Yet McNamara was bowled for 33 and Ali followed soon after having hit a patient 23 and the visitors collapsed to 97-8 in no time.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
Captain Dias struck 17, but Highgate needed number nine David Monk's 21 not out and 15 by Shah to get them up to 138 before they were all out.
The loss has them seventh in the table ahead of the visit of Brondesbury on Saturday.