Young Arsenal duo make Crystal Palace switch
- Credit: PA
Young Arsenal duo Grace Garrad and Gracie Pearse have linked up with Crystal Palace as they go in search of more regular game-time.
Garrad who is a midfielder and Pearse who plays in defence were apart of the highly successful Arsenal academy but have decided to move into the FA Women's Championship.
Both players represent England at under 19 and under 18 level and were on the bench in Arsenal's 2-2 draw with Tottenham Hotspur in the Continental Cup in November.
They follow Katie Godden out of the club in recent weeks as she went to Charlton Athletic also to seek more regular game-time.
Godden had played through the age groups at the Gunners up until under 21 level but can now show her quality on the senior stage.
You may also want to watch:
On signing the Arsenal duo Crystal Palace manager Dean Davenport said: "I am delighted we have added to our squad with two young signings of real quality. Grace and Gracie have great futures ahead of them and I am proud that Crystal Palace will play apart in that .”
Palace are currently eighth in the Championship table and have an away trip to Blackburn Rovers this weekend who are in sixth.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 10 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
Both players could be set to make their debuts in Lancashire after moving from North London.