Young Cally Stars side lose to Camden Town Youth in league opener
- Credit: Archant
A young Cally Stars Under-11 side battled hard before succumbing to a 4-1 defeat against Camden Town Youth on the opening night of the new Camden & Islington League season.
The Stars team, now beginning their third season in the league, are mostly made up of Under-10s and coach Carlos Casimiro is hopeful that his boys will benefit from lining up against older players.
He said: “They were a bit nervous against older boys and a team that’s been in the league for quite a long time, but they played really well.
“Considering that 90 per cent of them are Under-10s, it was a good game. We’re a growing club and that’s our target, for the boys to get some more experience.”
Islington district player Sid Kershaw-Shirley also made his mark on the first night of the season at Market Road, grabbing all three goals for Isledon Wolves Under-12s in their game against Soccerscool.
You may also want to watch:
However, it was Soccerscool who emerged as 5-3 winners, with Michael Bolger netting twice and Fred Joslin, Jimmy Bone and Oscar Bolger also on the scoresheet.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 8 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 9 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing