Young Cally Stars side lose to Camden Town Youth in league opener
- Credit: Archant
A young Cally Stars Under-11 side battled hard before succumbing to a 4-1 defeat against Camden Town Youth on the opening night of the new Camden & Islington League season.
The Stars team, now beginning their third season in the league, are mostly made up of Under-10s and coach Carlos Casimiro is hopeful that his boys will benefit from lining up against older players.
He said: “They were a bit nervous against older boys and a team that’s been in the league for quite a long time, but they played really well.
“Considering that 90 per cent of them are Under-10s, it was a good game. We’re a growing club and that’s our target, for the boys to get some more experience.”
Islington district player Sid Kershaw-Shirley also made his mark on the first night of the season at Market Road, grabbing all three goals for Isledon Wolves Under-12s in their game against Soccerscool.
You may also want to watch:
However, it was Soccerscool who emerged as 5-3 winners, with Michael Bolger netting twice and Fred Joslin, Jimmy Bone and Oscar Bolger also on the scoresheet.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing