Zibetti sets up victory for Islington side against Eastside Eagles
- Credit: Archant
Mateia Zibetti laid the foundations for Activities4U Under-12s to take down the Eastside Eagles 22-15 in their Community Basketball League clash at Crystal Palace.
Zibetti came out firing in the opening quarter, netting six points before Jonah Schouburgh’s shooting skills put the Islington side 10-3 up at the halfway stage.
Schouburgh continued to play a key role, making the most of his free throws and maintaining the lead before a basket apiece in the final period from Summer Eytle-Rock and Miles Sewell secured victory.
“I love winning,” said Zibetti. “If you like basketball, the CBL is where you have to come because you get to play lots of games and get better as a player and as a team.”
For more information about the league, which is run by the London School of Basketball in partnership with Reach and Teach, contact email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Islington’s GB international Orlan Jackman was in dominant form as he helped Worcester Wolves to triumph 94-80 and end Newcastle Eagles’ 28-game winning streak in the British Basketball League.
Jackman, who made his name at the Midnight Madness tournament last summer before a brief spell playing professional basketball in Portugal, racked up 16 points, with five rebounds and seven assists.
- 1 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 2 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 3 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 6 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 7 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 8 Can you help identify this man?
- 9 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 10 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust