Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie takes over The Book Club in Shoreditch
- Credit: Archant
Sweetie darlings, prepare yourselves, because beloved 90s sitcom Absolutely Fabulous is finally hitting the big screen – and to celebrate, one Shoreditch bar is getting in the Bolly for a takeover night.
On July 6, the Leonard Street bar is putting on a befittingly outrageous night of decadent fun for fans of the popular BBC series, which starred Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley.
In keeping with the camp style of the series, expect plenty of lively games and entertainment during The Absolutely Fabulous Takeover, including a ‘Blindfolded Lippy Challenge’, an ‘Ab Fab Fabstacle Course’ and a ‘Fash-Off Catwalk’ for the “best dressed” party-goers.
But this is no place for finery – organisers are encouraging guests to don outlandish fashion disasters, to pay homage to the often questionably-dressed Eddy and Patsy.
Meanwhile, devoted fans of the show will want to test their trivia knowledge with the bespoke ‘Ab Fab Quiz’.
You may also want to watch:
Fittingly, the bubbles will be flowing and cocktails will be in ample supply throughout the evening.
Anyone who’s anyone should head down to The Book Club next week, darling.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 5 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
Tickets £6 in advance, and £8 on the door.
Doors open at 7pm for a 7:30pm start. Closing time: 11pm.
Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie is released in cinemas on July 1.