Art therapists show off their own skills at Hackney exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Graduating psychotherapists who use art as therapy are to put on a show of their own work at a Hackney gallery.
The works on display at the A-side B-side Gallery in Hackney Downs Studios in Amhurst Terrace will reflect on the process of making art as a form of expression and communication for the group exhibition, Drawing on Therapy: Therapists Who Draw.
The artists are all graduating art therapists from the University of Hertfordshire, who are about to join the psychotherapy profession.
They hope their artwork will raise awareness about art therapy as a practice and highlight the importance of therapists maintaining their own artistic skills.
The show forms part of London Creativity and Wellbeing Week by London Arts in Health Forum.
The show opens tonight at 7pm until 9.30pm and is open until Monday. Opening times between 12pm and 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more details, email Anna Green on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting