Art therapists show off their own skills at Hackney exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Graduating psychotherapists who use art as therapy are to put on a show of their own work at a Hackney gallery.
The works on display at the A-side B-side Gallery in Hackney Downs Studios in Amhurst Terrace will reflect on the process of making art as a form of expression and communication for the group exhibition, Drawing on Therapy: Therapists Who Draw.
The artists are all graduating art therapists from the University of Hertfordshire, who are about to join the psychotherapy profession.
They hope their artwork will raise awareness about art therapy as a practice and highlight the importance of therapists maintaining their own artistic skills.
The show forms part of London Creativity and Wellbeing Week by London Arts in Health Forum.
The show opens tonight at 7pm until 9.30pm and is open until Monday. Opening times between 12pm and 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more details, email Anna Green on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London