Bar review: Zinc at Centre Point, WC1
- Credit: Archant
There’s few places you can get a better view of the capital than from Centre Point – so news of a new bar opening in the iconic tower is always going to be welcome.
And Zinc – located on the level below the renowned Paramount restaurant – doesn’t just serve up cocktails with a view, it’s a nightclub with a 24 hour licence which promises to bring in world class DJs to entertain crowds of up to 300 people who can dance against the impressive backdrop until the early hours every Friday and Saturday night.
The classy design showcases the stunning 360 degree vistas from this 31st floor venue in the best possible way with the 10 ft square bar designed by Tom Dixon in the centre and luxurious seating next to every window, including a ‘snake’ inspired velvet chaise lounge winding its way down one entire side of the lounge.
On my recent visit to the club, opened by the experienced Pierre Condou, we arrived early enough to grab one of the window seats and sat sipping delicious cocktails as revellers packed into the bar, the lights dimmed and the music gradually got cranked up as the vibe changed from an upmarket cocktail lounge to an exclusive and buzzing party bar.
The drinks offerings are vast but my particular favourite was the Beekeper – a warming mix of butter-infused Bacardi shaken with lime and honey – and there’s plenty of tantalising sharer platters on the menu for anyone feeling a bit peckish.
You may also want to watch:
It’s not cheap, but the prices are on a par with any other swanky London bar – and the unparalleled views you get thrown in here make the splurge all the more worthwhile.
Guestlist or a table booking is required for entry –call 020 7420 2900 for more information.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
Address: Zinc, Centre Point, 101-103 New Oxford Street, WC1A 1DD