Bar review: Zinc at Centre Point, WC1
- Credit: Archant
There’s few places you can get a better view of the capital than from Centre Point – so news of a new bar opening in the iconic tower is always going to be welcome.
And Zinc – located on the level below the renowned Paramount restaurant – doesn’t just serve up cocktails with a view, it’s a nightclub with a 24 hour licence which promises to bring in world class DJs to entertain crowds of up to 300 people who can dance against the impressive backdrop until the early hours every Friday and Saturday night.
The classy design showcases the stunning 360 degree vistas from this 31st floor venue in the best possible way with the 10 ft square bar designed by Tom Dixon in the centre and luxurious seating next to every window, including a ‘snake’ inspired velvet chaise lounge winding its way down one entire side of the lounge.
On my recent visit to the club, opened by the experienced Pierre Condou, we arrived early enough to grab one of the window seats and sat sipping delicious cocktails as revellers packed into the bar, the lights dimmed and the music gradually got cranked up as the vibe changed from an upmarket cocktail lounge to an exclusive and buzzing party bar.
The drinks offerings are vast but my particular favourite was the Beekeper – a warming mix of butter-infused Bacardi shaken with lime and honey – and there’s plenty of tantalising sharer platters on the menu for anyone feeling a bit peckish.
You may also want to watch:
It’s not cheap, but the prices are on a par with any other swanky London bar – and the unparalleled views you get thrown in here make the splurge all the more worthwhile.
Guestlist or a table booking is required for entry –call 020 7420 2900 for more information.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
Address: Zinc, Centre Point, 101-103 New Oxford Street, WC1A 1DD