Ben Eine curates street art exhibition in collaboration with The Big Issue.
- Credit: OurTypes
Shoreditch gallery Jealous hosts work by more than 60 street artists to coincide with the graffiti pioneer’s guest edition of the magazine, which helps the homeless
Letterform artist Ben Eine has guest edited a special edition of The Big Issue featuring some of the biggest names in street art.
To coincide with publication on March 9, there is an exhibition at Jealous Gallery in Shoreditch showcasing work by more than 60 street artists including Pure Evil, Obey D*Face, Fanakapan, Shok 1, Lauren YS, Okuda and Vhils and Anthony Lister.
Running from March 12-22 group show Our Types explores the idea of UP - inspired by the magazine's empowering mantra 'a hand up not a hand out'.
A percentage of sales will go to help The Big Issue's mission of dismantling poverty.
You may also want to watch:
Eine, a celebrated street artist and long-term supporter of the magazine, edited The Big Issue Arts Special Edition, creating three collectible eye-catching front covers on the theme of UP, and releasing a small run of limited edition prints.
"Guest editing The Big Issue has given me the chance to represent street art from my perspective, covering topics as diverse as graffiti and prison to the London Mural Festival," he said.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
"Getting 'Up' as a graffiti writer is driven by selfish motivations but it led me to street art, a platform where I can now speak up on important matters alongside all those involved in writing and selling The Big Issue."
Big Issue Editor, Paul McNamee, said: "It's a magazine to knock your socks off. Ben and his team at Ourtypes have put together a visual feast. They've spread their net around the world and come through with an incredible collection of artists."
The Art Special Edition is on sale across the UK now for £2.50 with the exhibition running at Jealous East, 53 Curtain Road until March 22.