Bridget Christie, John Robins and Tim Key among comedy line up at Union Chapel fundraiser
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Good Eggs is raising money for a number of charities including Dementia UK, Unicef Refugee Crisis Appeal and The Dahlia Project
A hoard of top comedians are coming together to raise money for a number of charitable causes on Friday.
Bridget Christie, Tim Key, Sofie Hagen, Lou Sanders, John Kearns, Nish Kumar, Tash Demetriou and John Robins bring a night of stand up to the Union Chapel, the proceeds of which will be split between Dementia UK, Unicef Refugee Crisis Appeal, Guide Dogs for the Blind, The A21 Campaign to End Human Trafficking, Greenpeace, Kestrel Theatre Company and The Dahlia Project.
Radio X’s John Robins is MC for the night. Known for his tireless advocacy of email and bringing some much needed angst to commercial digital indie radio, Robins is a dab hand at compering the Union Chapel stage.
Bridget Christie has her fingers in the comedy, tv, radio and literary pies; Tim Key, poet and actor has recently appeared on the Old Vic stage alongside Rufus Sewell; John Kearns was the first person to win two Edinburgh Comedy Awards back to back.
You may also want to watch:
And the audience can support a load of good causes in the space of a few hours.
Friday June 9, Doors: 6:30pm £20.unionchapel.org.uk
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 9 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 10 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's