Bridget Christie, John Robins and Tim Key among comedy line up at Union Chapel fundraiser
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Good Eggs is raising money for a number of charities including Dementia UK, Unicef Refugee Crisis Appeal and The Dahlia Project
A hoard of top comedians are coming together to raise money for a number of charitable causes on Friday.
Bridget Christie, Tim Key, Sofie Hagen, Lou Sanders, John Kearns, Nish Kumar, Tash Demetriou and John Robins bring a night of stand up to the Union Chapel, the proceeds of which will be split between Dementia UK, Unicef Refugee Crisis Appeal, Guide Dogs for the Blind, The A21 Campaign to End Human Trafficking, Greenpeace, Kestrel Theatre Company and The Dahlia Project.
Radio X’s John Robins is MC for the night. Known for his tireless advocacy of email and bringing some much needed angst to commercial digital indie radio, Robins is a dab hand at compering the Union Chapel stage.
Bridget Christie has her fingers in the comedy, tv, radio and literary pies; Tim Key, poet and actor has recently appeared on the Old Vic stage alongside Rufus Sewell; John Kearns was the first person to win two Edinburgh Comedy Awards back to back.
You may also want to watch:
And the audience can support a load of good causes in the space of a few hours.
Friday June 9, Doors: 6:30pm £20.unionchapel.org.uk
- 1 Islington shooting victim named
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 5 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 6 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine