Cabaret is back with a bang
- Credit: Archant
A couple of years ago London’s appetite for tassels and semi-nudity was apparently insatiable and cabaret clubs sprang up everywhere.
As with all things, the craze faded a bit, the glory-hunters left and only the real aficionados were left by the stage in the romantic, candlelit dining rooms.
But tonight it’s back with a bang as a new night from The Black Cat looks to bring back the vibe of 1920s Montemarte with the London Cabaret Party Extravaganza.
Complete with food and full-scale, spectacular show, The Black Cat takes place in a grand-scale central, which remains completely secret until you buy a ticket.
Proceedings are hosted by the decidedly odd Frisky and Marcel Lucont, and is immersive, theatrical production with a roster of world-class, jaw-dropping circus acts. Performers on the night include Vicky Butterfly swinging on a giant silver moon, mad comic musicians, a fire-breathing pig, showgirls, and a stellar company of cabaret guests - plus an after-party with live music and DJs until the early hour.
You may also want to watch:
The show is on for a limited run of four nights - tonight, February 14, March 1 and 29, and tickets range from £25 to £75.
Call 020 7284 4700 for more information.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails