Cabaret is back with a bang
- Credit: Archant
A couple of years ago London’s appetite for tassels and semi-nudity was apparently insatiable and cabaret clubs sprang up everywhere.
As with all things, the craze faded a bit, the glory-hunters left and only the real aficionados were left by the stage in the romantic, candlelit dining rooms.
But tonight it’s back with a bang as a new night from The Black Cat looks to bring back the vibe of 1920s Montemarte with the London Cabaret Party Extravaganza.
Complete with food and full-scale, spectacular show, The Black Cat takes place in a grand-scale central, which remains completely secret until you buy a ticket.
Proceedings are hosted by the decidedly odd Frisky and Marcel Lucont, and is immersive, theatrical production with a roster of world-class, jaw-dropping circus acts. Performers on the night include Vicky Butterfly swinging on a giant silver moon, mad comic musicians, a fire-breathing pig, showgirls, and a stellar company of cabaret guests - plus an after-party with live music and DJs until the early hour.
You may also want to watch:
The show is on for a limited run of four nights - tonight, February 14, March 1 and 29, and tickets range from £25 to £75.
Call 020 7284 4700 for more information.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis