Catch the last of the oysters in Islington
Spring, that magical time when a young man’s oysters turn to mush.
That’s right - oyster season is coming to a close. The enigmatic shellfish are not at their best during the warmer months and despite weather forecasts to the contrary, the summer is on its way.
So to make the most of them while they are hear, luxury Smithfield eatery Gaucho have decided to end the season in style with an oyster festival.
A special menu features half a dozen English oysters with six dressings; including classic lime, tomato and red onion, punchy paprika with chorizo oil, smoked butter with Ancho Molido Chile.
To wash down the amorous crustaceans, guests are offered a bottle of deep Meantime Stout from the Greenwich-based brewery, as well as a taster of Gaucho’s own Seleccion G Torrontes.
You may also want to watch:
The carte also has oyster, stout and steak pie, finished with a complimentary glass of 2009 Vina Patricia Malbec.
The Gaucho Smithfield Oyster Festival runs until Saturday - dishes start from �16.50.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 8 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 9 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
Call: 020 7490 1676