Catch the last of the oysters in Islington
Spring, that magical time when a young man’s oysters turn to mush.
That’s right - oyster season is coming to a close. The enigmatic shellfish are not at their best during the warmer months and despite weather forecasts to the contrary, the summer is on its way.
So to make the most of them while they are hear, luxury Smithfield eatery Gaucho have decided to end the season in style with an oyster festival.
A special menu features half a dozen English oysters with six dressings; including classic lime, tomato and red onion, punchy paprika with chorizo oil, smoked butter with Ancho Molido Chile.
To wash down the amorous crustaceans, guests are offered a bottle of deep Meantime Stout from the Greenwich-based brewery, as well as a taster of Gaucho’s own Seleccion G Torrontes.
You may also want to watch:
The carte also has oyster, stout and steak pie, finished with a complimentary glass of 2009 Vina Patricia Malbec.
The Gaucho Smithfield Oyster Festival runs until Saturday - dishes start from �16.50.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
Call: 020 7490 1676