Comic convention coming to Islington
The great and good of the comic industry are set to descend on Islington this week at a convention held in the borough.
The first Kapow Comic Con will take place at the London Business Design Centre, Upper Street, Angel on April 9 and 10.
The event features various stars of the comic world including Mark Millar, Kevin O’Neill and Pat Mills, alongside celebrity comic fans Jonathon Ross and Frankie Boyle.
Kapow will also host the first annual Stan Lee awards, which reward creativity in the field, and free autographs for those attending.
Joel Janiurek, 27, who runs the Islington Comic Forum, said: “We are always pleased when anything spreads the word about comics and raises their profile. A lot of people still see comics as just about superheroes rather than serious literature, which is what a lot of them are.”
You may also want to watch:
The Islington Comic Forum meet on the last Tuesday of every month at the North Library, Manor Gardens, Holloway.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller