Comic convention coming to Islington
The great and good of the comic industry are set to descend on Islington this week at a convention held in the borough.
The first Kapow Comic Con will take place at the London Business Design Centre, Upper Street, Angel on April 9 and 10.
The event features various stars of the comic world including Mark Millar, Kevin O’Neill and Pat Mills, alongside celebrity comic fans Jonathon Ross and Frankie Boyle.
Kapow will also host the first annual Stan Lee awards, which reward creativity in the field, and free autographs for those attending.
Joel Janiurek, 27, who runs the Islington Comic Forum, said: “We are always pleased when anything spreads the word about comics and raises their profile. A lot of people still see comics as just about superheroes rather than serious literature, which is what a lot of them are.”
You may also want to watch:
The Islington Comic Forum meet on the last Tuesday of every month at the North Library, Manor Gardens, Holloway.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series