End of the World parties, Psycho and dancing witches: your guide to Halloween in Islington and Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Stuck for Halloween ideas? Here’s our pick of what Islington and Hackney has to offer...
The Book Club (above) is hosting Wasteland: The Survivor’s Party’ on October 30. With immersive installations of freak playgrounds made from reformed waste, zombies prowling the premises looking for victims, and a team of body-modification experts turning party-goers into cyborgs using recycled limbs from their fallen comrades, who knows where the night will take you.
Islington’s Vue Cinema is celebrating both Halloween and the 30th anniversary of Ghostbusters with a special screening on October 29 at 8pm. For true Alien aficionados, they are also running a special Halloween screening of Alien & Aliens Director’s Cuts Double Bill on October 31, again at 8pm.
Oval Space are getting into a darker mood as they prepare for their Music x Halloween Special. A straight up, no frills, high quality line up for October 31 features Octave One live, Cosmin TRG, Answer Code Request and Ukraine’s raising star Vakula.
Join Jess Indeedy (above) and the Indeedy Inc. crew for a boombastic night of bingo, dancing on tables, inflatable bananas and Halloween games, as London leaves it to an American to bring the best Halloween party ever to the capital on October 31 at Shoreditch Town Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Psycho, undoubtedly one of the greatest thrillers ever made, is coming to the big screen in the gloriously Gothic setting of Union Chapel on October 31. It’ll be even more chilling with Bernard Hermann’s integral score bought to life by the Live Film Orchestra, while fancy dress, creepy cocktails and other surprises will make it a truly immersive experience.
The Queen of Hoxton will be taken over on October 31 by the previously revered, currently deranged Dr Rob Otomy and his gruesome team of assistants, lab rats, and former patients. Transformed into the Doctor’s chaotic Curtain Road Laboratory, expect gruesome body parts lining the walls, human lab rat cages, bizarre interactive performances, medical-inspired cocktails and much more.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
In a Halloween treat for the whole family, join The Little Witch (below) at The Place from Oct 31-Nov 2 on her magical journey through forests and fields as she explores what it takes to become a good witch. In this dream like dance show, weird and wonderful creatures appear from the shadows as songs and sounds echo through the landscape.