Finsbury zumba class get surprise from Wyclef Jean and Beto Perez
Members of a zumba class were danced off their feet after a surprise visit from Wyclef Jean and zumba legend, Alberto “Beto” Perez.
Students and instructors at the Virgin Active Health Club, Goswell Road, Finsbury, were left “in shock” after the star duo gate-crashed their class last Thursday evening.
Laura Turner, who was teaching the class at the time, had previously uploaded a video of her giving a zumba class for an online competition, but had no idea she had won.
She said: “I was absolutely gobsmacked. Beto is basically the creator of zumba and I couldn’t believe he was here in Islington.
“They put on their single, ‘La Historia,’ and everyone in the room started dancing to it, the class were amazed.”
You may also want to watch:
Laura, 27, who has been teaching since January, was then given another surprise in the form of a ‘golden ticket’ – an all expenses paid trip to next August’s zumba convention in Orlando.
She said: “It’s going to be inspirational. It will be an amazing opportunity to learn new dances and meet instructors from all over the world.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
“I feel really lucky and really grateful.”