Finsbury zumba class get surprise from Wyclef Jean and Beto Perez
Members of a zumba class were danced off their feet after a surprise visit from Wyclef Jean and zumba legend, Alberto “Beto” Perez.
Students and instructors at the Virgin Active Health Club, Goswell Road, Finsbury, were left “in shock” after the star duo gate-crashed their class last Thursday evening.
Laura Turner, who was teaching the class at the time, had previously uploaded a video of her giving a zumba class for an online competition, but had no idea she had won.
She said: “I was absolutely gobsmacked. Beto is basically the creator of zumba and I couldn’t believe he was here in Islington.
“They put on their single, ‘La Historia,’ and everyone in the room started dancing to it, the class were amazed.”
You may also want to watch:
Laura, 27, who has been teaching since January, was then given another surprise in the form of a ‘golden ticket’ – an all expenses paid trip to next August’s zumba convention in Orlando.
She said: “It’s going to be inspirational. It will be an amazing opportunity to learn new dances and meet instructors from all over the world.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 5 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 7 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 8 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 9 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
“I feel really lucky and really grateful.”