Five things to do in Islington this week
- Credit: Archant
Build a masterpiece out of toast, see a puppet show and keep the kids active over Easter
Build a fortress out of toast and battle against other teams to win the coveted House of Toast trophy. Each team must nominate Toaster Wranglers, architects, and master builders, after designing their edifice in the first round. A mini quiz gives participants the chance to win better/extra building materials (like jam, cocktail sticks and marshmallow fluff). When the construction is complete, points will be awarded for height, grandeur, creativity and strength.
Catch the closing event of an eight-day extravaganza of acoustic music. Acoustic East has seen 36 acts from genres such as blues, urban soul, rock, nu-folk, pop, rap and perform eight shows at The Proud Archivist, The Stags Head and The Barge House. The closing night will see Manchester three-piece Prose, singer-songwriter Roxanne de Bastion and folky Londoner Theo Bard and his band.
Enter a world made entirely of biscuits as your children are captivated by this puppet recreation of the Gingerbread man. With a foot tapping ‘Yummy Chase’ soundtrack and minimal language this is a tremendously popular story with younger
You may also want to watch:
4 Waterway Robotica with The Floating Cinema, Parasol Unit, Wharf Road, N1, from Tuesday to Thursday (April 2), free but booking essential.
Explore the ecology and environment around Regent’s Canal before designing and creating floating sculptures. Visual artist Laura X Carle will be working with young people using a wide range of materials as she brings her a unique mobile arts space ‘The Floating Cinema’ to town. Call 020 7490 7373 to book.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
5 Multi-sports, Islington Arts and Media School, Turle Road, N4, from Monday to Thursday over half term, 10am to 12 noon, free.
Keep the kids active and occupied this Easter with a wide range of sports at a Finsbury Park college. The camp offers children the opportunity to develop and to try new sports and physical activities in a safe and fun setting as part of the access to sport project in a safe environment. Call 0207 686 8812 or email email@example.com