20 of the best places for fish and chips in north London
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
From cod and chips with mushy peas to battered sausages and saveloys, there is always something we love on a chip shop menu.
We've compiled a handy list of some of the best chippies in north London...
- Sutton and Sons Fish and Chips - "Everything was made to order. The onion rings were proper onions and didn't slide out of the batter" - Kyron Matthews
- Faulkners Fish and Chips - "Great place for lunch, with really friendly staff! Great tasting and value for money menu. Lovely vibe and interior too, highly recommend!" - Inan Onder Guden
- The Kingfisher - "There clearly has been a lot of care and attention into developing the dishes on the vegan menu and the owner took the time to explain the process in which she had developed the fish substitute, which was fantastic!"- Dani Baker
- Mermaid Fish Bar - "The go-to fish&chips when I don't know what to eat" - Geoffrey Merran
- Micky's Chippy - "An exceptionally good ‘English Gyros’ - battered sausage butty with a sprinkling of chips" - James Addison
- Big Bite Fish & Chips - "Fantastic Chippie, been coming here for 20+ years, always friendly and great food too" - Jose Manguelo
- The Trawlerman - Fish and Chips - "Delicious chips and cooked really well" - Tom Micklewright
- The Crown Fish and Chip Bar - "Very nice place. Spotless clean and the food I had fish and chips was 1st class..." - Maureen Smith
- Mike's Fish and Chips - "Great and fresh fish and chips. Huge portion. Good price. All fresh. Definitely recommend it" - Pedro Sanchez
- Kennedys Goswell Road - "We took my 81 year old mother in law for her birthday on Monday evening, the man who served us made her feel so special, and at the end of the evening he bought out a mini cake with a candle on with 'happy birthday music' playing in the background" - Tracy Wardell
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 How much do you know about Islington?
- 4 Bull's head with links to 'Cally Market' going under the hammer
- 5 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 9 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- Poppie's Fish & Chips - "Pleasant restaurant where you can sit and enjoy the meal away from business and noise of Camden market!" - Nasir Fazal
- Camden Chippy - "A great 'proper' chippy in Camden. Chips and fish were brilliantly crispy and they do a good chip ship curry sauce" - Charlie Griffiths
- Chris's Fish Bar - "I have been using this shop for twenty years and you can eat in and it's open Sundays" - John Wood
- York Way Fish Bar - "Great food with friendly operator" - Arif Riza
- Star Fish Bar - "Wicked, hot, fresh fish every time, crispy batter and delicious chunky chips" - Emma Smith
Brent and Kilburn
- Big Bite Fish and Chips - "Can't recommend it highly enough. A Willesden institution, long may it continue" - Jose Manguelo
- Oliver's Fish and Chips - "We had cod and chips and a Halloumi burger and it was delicious!" - Shay Vodka
- Awesome Fish and Chips - "Went to friends for lunch had an AWESOME delivery from AWESOME FISH AND CHIPS COLINDALE" - Angela Brown
- Dollis Hill Fish and Grill - "No complaints whatsoever the portion sizes are great for the price. The staff were 5 stars excellent customer service" - Filomena Goncalves
- Captain's Cabin - "The atmosphere here is very calming and relaxing" - Ben Hammond