'Pay what you can' pop-up vegan cafe comes to Brick Lane this weekend
- Credit: Mr Organic
A vegan café inviting customers to "pay what they can" - with proceeds going to charity - is popping up in the heart of Brick Lane this weekend.
The plant-based café with a community twist is being launched by food company Mr Organic in partnership with Canvas Café at 42 Hanbury Street for tomorrow and Sunday (November 20 and 21) only.
The Italian-inspired menu will have no prices and highlights the Islington-based Mr Organic’s Italian roots, featuring warm, sit-down meals along with grab-and-go treats.
A spokesperson said: “Mr Organic would love to invite everyone to join them to eat good food, at a price you can afford - even if that means on the house - all while doing good for the local community.
"Food tastes better when it’s made with care and positivity.”
Items include a sharing board with aubergine dip, breadsticks, sundried tomato hummus and warm focaccia; breaded artichokes; caponata with tomatoes; sourdough bruschetta; arancini and salame di chocolato.
Every penny spent in the pop-up cafe will be donated to local charity partner Rhythms of Life to support its Christmas campaign.
- 1 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 2 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 3 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 4 'Let's avoid another lockdown': Warning for Islington to be cautious
- 5 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 6 Moorfields patient receives world’s first 3D printed prosthetic eye
- 7 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 8 'No apology': Beloved Islington hedge sawn in half by council contractor
- 9 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 10 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas