Beer and cake tasting: Delicious combinations to welcome back pub
- Credit: Google
An Islington pub is offering tasting of five beers and five cakes to celebrate the end of lockdown with the Great British Beer Festival.
The Snooty Fox in Canonbury is taking part in the CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) event on Saturday, July 31, from 4pm.
Pubs have suffered a dismal 18 months and organisers are hoping Islington drinkers will support their local by coming back.
The tasting is being run by British Guild of Beer Writers and accredited European Beer Consumers Union beer judge, Christine Cryne.
Christine said, “It’s great to be doing something with Nicole (Gale, pub manager) and her team at the Snooty, which has won North London CAMRA’s Pub of the Year twice.
“This pub, originally known as the Grosvenor, was taken on by Nicole and her partner Jonathan twelve years ago and started a concerted effort to turn a failing pub around, which they have done in style.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We’ll be pairing five cakes with five beers and can guarantee some luscious combinations and it’s a great way to show people how to pair food with beer whilst having some fun and supporting a local pub. And all pubs could do with some support after this last year.”
Tickets cost £17. For bookings, head to https://tinyurl.com/cakenbeer.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 10 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum