New Mexican restaurant set for Newington Green
- Credit: Mezcalito
A new Mexican restaurant is set to open in Islington next month.
Mezcalito Islington in Newington Green Road will showcase "the best that contemporary Mexican hospitality has to offer", and promises to "transport guests to exotic, sun-kissed climes" once it opens in late January.
The first branch in the chain, which opened in November 2018 in Chelsea, already serves a mixture of authentic Mexican dishes alongside more modern plates which reflect the current trends in the south American country's culinary scene.
Classics like Tacos, guacamole, burritos, quesadillas, nachos, corn on the cob and churros are on the menu along with more cutting-edge offerings like chicken tinga Mexican bao, beetroot and spinach tortilla wraps and chipotle chocolate fondant.
A spokesperson said its owners' aim had been to make it "London’s go-to Mexican restaurant".
"Three years later, they have done just that, thanks to its winning combination of tequila, tacos and downright good fun," they claimed.
"Now it is taking the next step with the launch of an equally irresistible sibling, this time in the heart of Islington."
- 1 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 2 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 3 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 4 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 5 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 6 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
- 7 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 8 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 9 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 10 'Yes, the government really is waging a "war" against the BBC'