Hackney Wick’s Yard Theatre seeks 15-19 year olds for summer programmes
- Credit: Archant
The free projects, The Committee and You, Me, The World and Hackney, are running for the first time this summer for 15 to 19 at Hub67
The Yard Theatre is launching two youth programmes that hope to create a space for young people from the local community to present ideas.
The free projects, The Committee and You, Me, The World and Hackney, are running for the first time this summer for 15 to 19 at Hub67, a community space in the heart of Hackney Wick, which the Yard took management of last year.
The theatre want to make sure that young people have an influence over their local theatre, creating a programme that reflects the neighbourhood they inhabit.
“At a time when it is becoming increasingly difficult for young people to have a voice in our culture, we want to provide a platform for them to tell us what they think theatre should be,” says artistic director Jay Miller.
You may also want to watch:
Over six weeks, ten young people in The Committee have the chance to view different types of theatre and see first hand how The Yard is run, before deciding themselves what they think works. Every Thursday, July 27 to August 24, rehearsals August 28 to 31.
You, Me, The World and Hackney is seeking another ten people will look at what their local area means to them and to others, exploring the commonalities and differences through theatre and storytelling workshops. Every Wednesday, June 28 to July 26.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.