Hen and Chickens reopens with monologues about love death and revenge
- Credit: Archant
After seven months of closure, the pub venue is once again selling tickets for October’s Tales From The Golden Age by Ian Dixon Potter
Highbury’s Hen and Chickens Theatre reopens in early October with eight monologues about love, death and revenge.
The pub venue in St Paul’s Road is hosting Tales from the Golden Age written by Ian Dixon Potter with original music by Neil Thompson.
In The Triumph of Evil, a Swedish aristocrat tries to make a ‘deal with the devil’ by persuading Heinrich Himmler to liberate thousands from Nazi concentration camps.
Infantaphobia sees child-hating Carla try to rescue friend Roger from the
You may also want to watch:
clutches of Sue who desperately wants to ‘start a family’.
Marlowe’s Ghost finds William Shakespeare haunted by the spirit of his fellow playwright, who was murdered almost 25 years earlier.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 9 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
And Transhuman explores issues of identity by asking whether we would achieve immortality by uploading your consciousness to the cloud.
Iago is a modern updating of Shakespeare’s Othello, and A Strange Romance wonders if you can fall for someone if you don’t know their gender - as Peter develops a passion for the ambiguous ‘Blue’.
Finally The New Normal transports audiences four years into the future into a society riven with conflict. Tales from The Golden Age runs October 11-14 at The Hen and Chickens, Highbury.