Now open: Homeboy, Essex Road
- Credit: Archant
A new cocktail bar offering great drinks alongside modern Irish hospitality opened last week on the site of the former London Cocktail Club.
Homeboy officially announced its opening on Instagram last week with a quote from W.B. Yeats: “There are no strangers here, only friends you haven’t yet met.”
This mantra is at the core of Homeboy’s philosophy, as co-founders Aaron Wall and Ciaran Smith aim to bring all of the joys of modern Irish hospitality to their first venue.
Cocktails are a big focus here, which is unsurprising giving that Wall and Smith have senior roles at Callooh Callay, London Cocktail Club, The Dorchester and NYC’s Waldorf Astoria among their collective CV.
The mixed-drink menu features 21 concoctions, each neatly split into seven whiskey-based, contemporary and classic drinks. There’s also Guinness and two other Irish beers on draught.
You may also want to watch:
If you’re after a bite to eat, Homeboy’s choice of poutine, curry chips and cheese / meat boards should go down a treat. Da’s Irish Stew and Ma’s Brown Bread offer you the chance to sample the home-cooking of Smith’s and Wall’s family-favourites respectively.
With a playlist of hip-hop and RnB tracks on the speakers, this looks like a lovely new hangout to take some time out of your busy schedule and enjoy some cocktails from these hospitable Irish lads.
Homeboy can be found at 108 Essex Road, N1 8LX. Read more about the venue here.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault