HOOD IN THE WOOD AND A TASTY TALE
TANGENT Arts' two-man team of Gary Langden and Lewis Gibson have put their own alternative spin on a couple of well known fairy tales, offering audiences of children and parents alike, a fabulously funny and slightly sc
Unicorn Theatre, Tooley Street, SE1
Tangent Arts' two-man team of Gary Langden and Lewis Gibson have put their own alternative spin on a couple of well known fairy tales, offering audiences of children and parents alike, a fabulously funny and slightly scary reading of Little Red Riding Hood and Hansel and Gretel.
Langden's dexterous delivery of both stories has the children in the audience giggling one moment and screaming the next as the story-lines unfold.
Backed up by the wonderful accompaniment of Gibson with an impressive array of musical and other strange and wonderful instruments, Hood in the Wood and A Tasty Tale, are both cerebral pieces of theatre.
You may also want to watch:
A must-see show that is oozing with talent, Tangent Arts have kicked off the 2008 season at the Unicorn brilliantly. Not to be missed at any cost. - DALE MAITLAND CARTWRIGHT
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn