HOOD IN THE WOOD AND A TASTY TALE
TANGENT Arts' two-man team of Gary Langden and Lewis Gibson have put their own alternative spin on a couple of well known fairy tales, offering audiences of children and parents alike, a fabulously funny and slightly sc
Unicorn Theatre, Tooley Street, SE1
Tangent Arts' two-man team of Gary Langden and Lewis Gibson have put their own alternative spin on a couple of well known fairy tales, offering audiences of children and parents alike, a fabulously funny and slightly scary reading of Little Red Riding Hood and Hansel and Gretel.
Langden's dexterous delivery of both stories has the children in the audience giggling one moment and screaming the next as the story-lines unfold.
Backed up by the wonderful accompaniment of Gibson with an impressive array of musical and other strange and wonderful instruments, Hood in the Wood and A Tasty Tale, are both cerebral pieces of theatre.
You may also want to watch:
A must-see show that is oozing with talent, Tangent Arts have kicked off the 2008 season at the Unicorn brilliantly. Not to be missed at any cost. - DALE MAITLAND CARTWRIGHT
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting