Inbetweeners actor shoots film in Islington
Cast and crew from a new film about clowns took over a supermarket last week.
Budgens in Upper Street, Islington, along with other nearby roads, was used for the shooting of short film Clowning Around starring actor David Schaal – best known for his roles as “Taffy” in The Office and Jay’s dad in the Inbetweeners – and glamour model and actress Meddy Ford.
Writer Damien Cullen first penned the script more than four years ago at which time it was a slapstick comedy. But it has since grown into a bittersweet comedy about a clown’s fight to regain his status as the top clown in town.
Damien was unable to find a funding deal which he felt retained the film’s integrity so he launched an online fundraising campaign and more than 150 people including TV and film professionals believed in the project enough to work on it for free.
Once completed, it is hoped that the film will be shown at a film festival on every continent to reach as many people as possible.
You may also want to watch:
More information about the film can be found at www.clowningaroundfilm.com
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 7 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers