Inbetweeners actor shoots film in Islington
Cast and crew from a new film about clowns took over a supermarket last week.
Budgens in Upper Street, Islington, along with other nearby roads, was used for the shooting of short film Clowning Around starring actor David Schaal – best known for his roles as “Taffy” in The Office and Jay’s dad in the Inbetweeners – and glamour model and actress Meddy Ford.
Writer Damien Cullen first penned the script more than four years ago at which time it was a slapstick comedy. But it has since grown into a bittersweet comedy about a clown’s fight to regain his status as the top clown in town.
Damien was unable to find a funding deal which he felt retained the film’s integrity so he launched an online fundraising campaign and more than 150 people including TV and film professionals believed in the project enough to work on it for free.
Once completed, it is hoped that the film will be shown at a film festival on every continent to reach as many people as possible.
You may also want to watch:
More information about the film can be found at www.clowningaroundfilm.com
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 5 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 6 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park