Islington-based Rat Pack performer Gary Williams on new Christmas EP
- Credit: Gary Williams
Islington-based crooner, Gary Williams, has released a new festive EP which features his self-penned single I’m Coming Home for Christmas.
Described by the Evening Standard as the “UK’s leading standard bearer for the supercool era” Williams has had worldwide success from starring in the West End’s Rat Pack, BBC Concert Orchestra to Melbourne Symphony and Buckingham Palace.
This festive season, he will be performing in London at Crazy Coqs from December 9-19 in his A Swingin’ Christmas, now in its tenth year.
On his new single, the Lincolnshire-born singer said: “I actually wrote the song a few years ago and it was because I hadn’t been up home for Christmas in years.
“I live in London and I’m always working, but that year I was going to go home for Christmas so I wrote the song.
“And then just as we were about to release it, the pandemic started so it was the worst time to release the song because everyone was banned from going back home.”
Originally from Grimsby, Williams said: “We go away to London because we have a calling and a drive to build our careers but of course, there’s nowhere like home, where you’re from, your roots.”
- 1 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 2 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 3 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 4 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 5 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 6 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
- 7 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 8 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 9 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 10 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
"Particularly this year, lots of people will be going home for Christmas and it will be even more meaningful because there has been so much time apart. I am really grateful for things to get back to some kind of normality.”
To celebrate his Crazy Coqs show’s tenth anniversary, Williams has decided to do a ‘Best Of’ from the last 10 years.
He said: “More than ever, I really want people to feel happy and joyous during the show. I want them to leave with a big smile on their face and feel the Christmas spirit. I think we need a little more escapism in our lives at the moment.”
He will also perform at the Fairfields Hall in Croydon on December 21, then will return to Crazy Coqs after Christmas for two nights with his show Legends of Las Vegas. He will end the year with popular New Year’s Eve Show in Claridge’s.
The music for Williams’ new Christmas single was added by pianist and composer, Jon Nicoll. Tickets to his shows and EP are available at https://garywilliams.co.uk