Islington celebrates world Malbec day
A brace of venues are buffing their wine glasses in preparation for the annual World Malbec day tomorrow (Tuesday).
De La Panza, in Southgate Road, Islington and Vivat Bacchus, in Farringdon Street, Farringdon, are both honouring the grape, which is French in origin but has been adopted as the signature Argentinian variety.
At De La Panza, guests can find out more about Malbec with a special wine tasting, paired with British and Irish cheese, try a variety of dishes made with the wine and enjoy live music from Argentinian tango guitarist Javier Fioramonti.
While Vivat Bacchus are hosting a cheese and wine flight - delving in their prestigous cellar for three Malbecs, including one from South Africa, and matching them with a selection of fromage from their famous cheese room.
This year’s event will be the second annual world Malbec day, an international celebration dedicated to the emblematic grape.
You may also want to watch:
The event at De La Panze starts at 6pm and costs �15 per head, call 0207 226 0334.
And the fun takes place all day Vivat Bacchus and costs �20 for cheese and wine, �11.25 for just the wine, call 020 7353 2648.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing