Islington celebrates world Malbec day
A brace of venues are buffing their wine glasses in preparation for the annual World Malbec day tomorrow (Tuesday).
De La Panza, in Southgate Road, Islington and Vivat Bacchus, in Farringdon Street, Farringdon, are both honouring the grape, which is French in origin but has been adopted as the signature Argentinian variety.
At De La Panza, guests can find out more about Malbec with a special wine tasting, paired with British and Irish cheese, try a variety of dishes made with the wine and enjoy live music from Argentinian tango guitarist Javier Fioramonti.
While Vivat Bacchus are hosting a cheese and wine flight - delving in their prestigous cellar for three Malbecs, including one from South Africa, and matching them with a selection of fromage from their famous cheese room.
This year’s event will be the second annual world Malbec day, an international celebration dedicated to the emblematic grape.
You may also want to watch:
The event at De La Panze starts at 6pm and costs �15 per head, call 0207 226 0334.
And the fun takes place all day Vivat Bacchus and costs �20 for cheese and wine, �11.25 for just the wine, call 020 7353 2648.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'