Islington TV presenter brings Harry Potter to the stage
A show bringing all seven Harry Potter books alive on stage will be brought to London audiences by a children’s TV presenter from Islington this week.
Potted Potter, which was written by Islington resident Jeff Turner and his CBBC colleague Daniel Clarkson, first took to the stage five years ago and has since sold out in theatres across the UK and the world.
To coincide with the release of the final Harry Potter film – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two – the pair return to their first show to take up the ultimate challenge of potting all seven of JK Rowling’s wizard novels into 70 madcap minutes.
They are helped by endless costumes, brilliant songs, ridiculous props, a generous helping of Hogwarts magic and the audience will be invited to join in with a real life game of Quidditch.
But even if you don’t know the books and films inside-out, Jeff and Daniel promise the slapstick, magic and mayhem of Potted Potter will still make for a thoroughly entertaining time.
You may also want to watch:
The play started out as a five-minute performance for a bookshop to launch the sixth book and regular appearances as storytellers on Blue Peter and presenting stints on BBC One and CBBC followed.
Potted Potter went on to win widespread acclaim and played four sell-out Edinburgh Fringe seasons, three sell-out London seasons and extensive national and international tours. In 2008 they premiered their second show, Potted Pirates, which had similar success, and they launched their third show, Potted Panto, at the Edinburgh Fringe 2010.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Potted Potter will be at the Garrick Theatre from today (Thursday, August 18) until Monday, August 29.
For tickets call 0844 4829673 or visit www.nimaxtheatres.com