Leon Ware – the man behind Mowtown hits including that of Marvin Gaye – comes to Islington
- Credit: Archant
For a chance to see one of the lesser-known creative talents behind classic albums including Marvin Gaye’s I Want You and Quincy Jones’ Body Heat, head down to the Islington Assembly Halls tomorrow (Friday) for a night with living soul legend Leon Ware.
Motown devotees will know Ware first and foremost as the critically acclaimed producer and songwriter who has worked with the very best in the Hitsville USA recording studio has offered – Ike and Tina Turner, The Miracles and Michael Jackson to name a few.
This show is part of a small European tour that will give his fans in the capital a rare opportunity to see him perform for one night only.
Famed for his sensual and understated lyrical style, and the romantic themes in his music, Ware will be performing highlights from a catalogue of music that has spanned five decades and includes 11 solo albums.
Now at the ripe old age of 72 and showing no signs of slowing down, Ware said: “I am excited to be back in London and bringing my eternal love.”
You may also want to watch:
Leon Mare will be at the Islington Assembly Hall tomorrow (Friday) with support provided by Hannah Williams and the Tastemakers. To book tickets, priced at £20 and £25, call 08444 771000 or see www.seetickets.com.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- 10 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal