Leon Ware – the man behind Mowtown hits including that of Marvin Gaye – comes to Islington
- Credit: Archant
For a chance to see one of the lesser-known creative talents behind classic albums including Marvin Gaye’s I Want You and Quincy Jones’ Body Heat, head down to the Islington Assembly Halls tomorrow (Friday) for a night with living soul legend Leon Ware.
Motown devotees will know Ware first and foremost as the critically acclaimed producer and songwriter who has worked with the very best in the Hitsville USA recording studio has offered – Ike and Tina Turner, The Miracles and Michael Jackson to name a few.
This show is part of a small European tour that will give his fans in the capital a rare opportunity to see him perform for one night only.
Famed for his sensual and understated lyrical style, and the romantic themes in his music, Ware will be performing highlights from a catalogue of music that has spanned five decades and includes 11 solo albums.
Now at the ripe old age of 72 and showing no signs of slowing down, Ware said: “I am excited to be back in London and bringing my eternal love.”
You may also want to watch:
Leon Mare will be at the Islington Assembly Hall tomorrow (Friday) with support provided by Hannah Williams and the Tastemakers. To book tickets, priced at £20 and £25, call 08444 771000 or see www.seetickets.com.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 6 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington
- 9 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator