Recipe for Spanish Tray Bake
- Credit: Archant
Lisa from Hackney’s Weeknight Diner Cookery School serves up a fuss-free meal to share with friends
Tray bakes are pretty fuss-free. They require very little attention and very little washing up. In fact, you might find this the perfect recipe now that we are allowed to mix households. With all the catching up to do, who wants a time consuming dish and a pile of dirty pans?
Spanish Tray Bake (serves 4)
1 tbsp olive oil
You may also want to watch:
350g Spanish Chorizo sliced
2 leeks or 1 onion chopped into chunks
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
4 garlic cloves, skin on
250g cherry tomatoes
1 courgette halved lengthways and sliced
1 red pepper cut into chunks
350g new potatoes halved lengthways and parboiled
salt and pepper
Heat the oven to 200 degrees
Parboil the potatoes in salted water, drain and leave to dry out a little.
Place all the above ingredients, except the peas, on a large baking tray, add the parboiled potatoes and toss in the olive oil and season.
Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally until the vegetables and potatoes take on a golden colour.
Add the frozen peas and bake for a further 3 minutes.
When the peas are heated through, take out the oven and divide between four plates with all the tray juices.
This dish goes really well with fish and chicken or salad and crusty bread to mop up all the juices.
To see more recipe ideas please visit Lisa on Instagram @weeknightdiner