Weekend of brunch offers on a plate
- Credit: Archant
Some of Hackney and Islington’s most popular eateries have joined forces with DesignMyNight.com – a nightlife discovery website – to stage a weekender dedicated to brunch in all its glory.
Take a stroll past your local café or restaurant on any given weekend morning and there’s every chance you will find groups gathered at tables, feasting on Eggs Benedict and smashed avocados washed down by a Bloody Mary or two.
Brunch has become a staple part of London’s dining out scene in recent years, so much so that DesignMyNight have arranged a weekend-long celebration packed with waffles and pancakes, Bellinis and frozen margaritas.
Their first Brunch Weekender will take place on September 22 and 23, with participating venues offering bottomless brunch for £20 or a brunch plate with a drink for just £10.
Leighanne Bent, Marketing Manager at DesignMyNight, says: “Brunch has changed massively over the past five years. From bottomless booze to quirky entertainment, it’s morphed itself into London’s most popular daytime activity.
You may also want to watch:
“The aim of Brunch Weekender is to get Londoners experiencing the very best of the capital’s brunch scene, which is why we handpicked the likes of Bourne & Hollingsworth and BabaBoom to be part of the weekend.
“From a greenhouse dining space to endless frozen margaritas, these two venues are fantastic examples of how unique London’s brunch offering is.”
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
BabaBoom, a Middle-Eastern hangout which first made a name for itself in Battersea, will offer an hour of frozen margaritas and any of their brunch main dishes for £20. Upper Street neighbours the Dead Dolls House, meanwhile, will plate up their buttermilk fried chicken and waffles with a Bellini for £10.
Alongside Clerkenwell’s stunning Bourne & Hollingsworth, Islington’s cosy cocktail den – Little Bat – will offer guests brioche French toast with banana butterscotch and a drink for the set price of £10. Hackney’s Wringer & Mangle will also offer one-off brunch deals across the weekend.
The Brunch Weekender extends to venues around London, where some restaurants will introduce new menus and combine their brunch offers with activities like bingo and shuffle-boarding.
For more details and a full list of venues taking part, visit designmynight.com