Weekend of brunch offers on a plate
- Credit: Archant
Some of Hackney and Islington’s most popular eateries have joined forces with DesignMyNight.com – a nightlife discovery website – to stage a weekender dedicated to brunch in all its glory.
Take a stroll past your local café or restaurant on any given weekend morning and there’s every chance you will find groups gathered at tables, feasting on Eggs Benedict and smashed avocados washed down by a Bloody Mary or two.
Brunch has become a staple part of London’s dining out scene in recent years, so much so that DesignMyNight have arranged a weekend-long celebration packed with waffles and pancakes, Bellinis and frozen margaritas.
Their first Brunch Weekender will take place on September 22 and 23, with participating venues offering bottomless brunch for £20 or a brunch plate with a drink for just £10.
Leighanne Bent, Marketing Manager at DesignMyNight, says: “Brunch has changed massively over the past five years. From bottomless booze to quirky entertainment, it’s morphed itself into London’s most popular daytime activity.
You may also want to watch:
“The aim of Brunch Weekender is to get Londoners experiencing the very best of the capital’s brunch scene, which is why we handpicked the likes of Bourne & Hollingsworth and BabaBoom to be part of the weekend.
“From a greenhouse dining space to endless frozen margaritas, these two venues are fantastic examples of how unique London’s brunch offering is.”
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
BabaBoom, a Middle-Eastern hangout which first made a name for itself in Battersea, will offer an hour of frozen margaritas and any of their brunch main dishes for £20. Upper Street neighbours the Dead Dolls House, meanwhile, will plate up their buttermilk fried chicken and waffles with a Bellini for £10.
Alongside Clerkenwell’s stunning Bourne & Hollingsworth, Islington’s cosy cocktail den – Little Bat – will offer guests brioche French toast with banana butterscotch and a drink for the set price of £10. Hackney’s Wringer & Mangle will also offer one-off brunch deals across the weekend.
The Brunch Weekender extends to venues around London, where some restaurants will introduce new menus and combine their brunch offers with activities like bingo and shuffle-boarding.
For more details and a full list of venues taking part, visit designmynight.com