London Art Fair prepares to open in Islington’s Business Design Centre
- Credit: Anna Lukala
The 29th London Art Fair runs until January 22 with art spanning the early 20th century to present day
The 29th London Art Fair runs until January 22 with art spanning the early 20th century to present day.
129 Galleries are involved this year, presenting museum quality modern British art alongside international modern and contemporary art, with galleries from 18 different countries, including China, France, Germany, South Korea and the USA.
As well as the artworks on offer, there is a programme of curated exhibitions, talks, tours, film screenings and performances, all taking place in Islington’s Business Design Centre.
This year’s highlights include Stranger Collaborations, a showcase of artistic collaborations formed online and curated by art journalist and academic Pryle Behrmann.
You may also want to watch:
One such collaboration is Liz Sterry’s photographic series Drinking Alone with the Internet, in which she put out a call for people to join her in dressing like a Star Wars character and drinking, creating a virtual party where every is simultaneously together and alone.
This is part of Art Projects, regular feature of the LAF and showcase of the freshest contemporary art from across the world. There are large scale installations, solo shows and group displays as well as a programme and film and new media.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 6 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 7 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
Tickets to the Fair start at £11.50 for a Thursday late ticket and £15 for a day ticket in advance available from londonartfair.co.uk. Day tickets on the door are £22, at Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, N1 0QH.