London Art Fair prepares to open in Islington’s Business Design Centre
- Credit: Anna Lukala
The 29th London Art Fair runs until January 22 with art spanning the early 20th century to present day
The 29th London Art Fair runs until January 22 with art spanning the early 20th century to present day.
129 Galleries are involved this year, presenting museum quality modern British art alongside international modern and contemporary art, with galleries from 18 different countries, including China, France, Germany, South Korea and the USA.
As well as the artworks on offer, there is a programme of curated exhibitions, talks, tours, film screenings and performances, all taking place in Islington’s Business Design Centre.
This year’s highlights include Stranger Collaborations, a showcase of artistic collaborations formed online and curated by art journalist and academic Pryle Behrmann.
You may also want to watch:
One such collaboration is Liz Sterry’s photographic series Drinking Alone with the Internet, in which she put out a call for people to join her in dressing like a Star Wars character and drinking, creating a virtual party where every is simultaneously together and alone.
This is part of Art Projects, regular feature of the LAF and showcase of the freshest contemporary art from across the world. There are large scale installations, solo shows and group displays as well as a programme and film and new media.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
Tickets to the Fair start at £11.50 for a Thursday late ticket and £15 for a day ticket in advance available from londonartfair.co.uk. Day tickets on the door are £22, at Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, N1 0QH.