Mac ‘n’ Cheese, Whisky and pulled pork, and pina colada pancakes at The Book Club
- Credit: Archant
Their all day pancake party is putting the Gras in Mardi Gras
Shrove Tuesday is coming up, which means Lent will follow swiftly after, which means those of us with any self control will be attempting to give something up for a month.
The “shrove” in Shrove Tuesday is encouraging us to repent and self examine before the big fast. I’d much rather go with the French take on it and indulge in Mardi Gras, translating as Fat Tuesday.
Pancake Day came into being back in the day when people had to find a way to use up all of their eggs and fats before the Lenten fast. It should follow then that you go full steam into it with the biggest and fattiest foods available and The Book Club can help.
Their all day pancake party is putting the Gras in Mardi Gras with their mac ‘n’ cheese pancake sandwich: two cheesy buttermilk pancakes with mac ‘n’ cheese between them, drizzled with maple chilli oil and topped with crispy bacon.
You may also want to watch:
Taking the edge off, they’re also offering whisky maple syrup pulled pork pancakes and pina colada pancakes.
If you’re not feeling quite as adventurous, the classic pancakes are served with caramelised banana, strawberries, chocolate and caramel sauce.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
Open from 8am to 10pm, you could pop in for breakfast or a decadent dinner.
On offer at The Book Club on February 28. The classic and whisky maple syrup pancakes are always available at the Queen of Hoxton, wearetbc.com.