My Chemical Romance video shot at O2 Islington is released
A MUSIC video filmed in Islington by a world-renowned band was released this week.
American rock outfit My Chemical Romance shot the video to their new single Planetary (Go!) at the 02 Academy Islington, in the N1 centre, Angel, in February.
The band played to an invited audience of 600 fans between gigs on their UK tour.
The crowd were asked to wear dayglow colour to capture the visual theme of their album The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys, from which the single is taken.
Penilla Holl, general manager of the 02 Academy Islington, said: ”It came about because the promoters were looking for an intimate venue to make the film.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a couple of members of staff here who are big fans and they were more than excited - one of them was in tears.
“It is great publicity and we also feel proud of our little venue because I think it looks great on the video.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey