My Chemical Romance video shot at O2 Islington is released
A MUSIC video filmed in Islington by a world-renowned band was released this week.
American rock outfit My Chemical Romance shot the video to their new single Planetary (Go!) at the 02 Academy Islington, in the N1 centre, Angel, in February.
The band played to an invited audience of 600 fans between gigs on their UK tour.
The crowd were asked to wear dayglow colour to capture the visual theme of their album The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys, from which the single is taken.
Penilla Holl, general manager of the 02 Academy Islington, said: ”It came about because the promoters were looking for an intimate venue to make the film.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a couple of members of staff here who are big fans and they were more than excited - one of them was in tears.
“It is great publicity and we also feel proud of our little venue because I think it looks great on the video.”
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 9 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition