New farmers market comes to Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
The market will be open on September 10 and will be at Stroud Green Primary School every Sunday, 10am to 2:30pm
A new community food market and gathering place is coming to Finsbury Park.
Stroud Green Market will take place every Sunday morning from September 10.
Edmund May, who has worked at farmers markets for eight years, noticed the lack of a market in the area and took action to bring “real food” to residents.
“At present, you’d have to walk forty-five minutes to Stoke Newington if you wanted organic meat or gluten-free cake, and fish caught that very morning and sold to you direct is even harder to find,” he says.
You may also want to watch:
A feast of locally made food and specialities from England and abroad, Stroud Green Market will feature local honey, fresh pasta, organic meat, goat’s milk and cheese, charcuterie, rye and sourdough bread, farmhouse cider, fresh fish, pies, dal and curries and classic sausage baps.
Everybody will find their treat at the Stroud Green Market, thanks to the many vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free products.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 7 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 8 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
The market will be open 10am to 2:30pm at Stroud Green Primary School.