New farmers market comes to Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
The market will be open on September 10 and will be at Stroud Green Primary School every Sunday, 10am to 2:30pm
A new community food market and gathering place is coming to Finsbury Park.
Stroud Green Market will take place every Sunday morning from September 10.
Edmund May, who has worked at farmers markets for eight years, noticed the lack of a market in the area and took action to bring “real food” to residents.
“At present, you’d have to walk forty-five minutes to Stoke Newington if you wanted organic meat or gluten-free cake, and fish caught that very morning and sold to you direct is even harder to find,” he says.
You may also want to watch:
A feast of locally made food and specialities from England and abroad, Stroud Green Market will feature local honey, fresh pasta, organic meat, goat’s milk and cheese, charcuterie, rye and sourdough bread, farmhouse cider, fresh fish, pies, dal and curries and classic sausage baps.
Everybody will find their treat at the Stroud Green Market, thanks to the many vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free products.
- 1 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 2 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 3 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 6 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 7 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 8 Can you help identify this man?
- 9 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 10 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
The market will be open 10am to 2:30pm at Stroud Green Primary School.