One Day blockbuster filmed in Islington
Eagle-eyed film buffs will spot various Islington locations in blockbuster One Day starring Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess.
One of the summer’s biggest blockbusters, One Day, based on the novel by David Nicholls, opens this week and has an Islington connection.
Much of the action from the book is set in the borough and several scenes from the film were shot here last year.
Filming took place at The Egg nightclub, in York Way and York Central, in Crinan Street, King’s Cross.
Another scene, with English actress Romola Garai, was filmed inside a house in Granville Road, Stroud Green.
You may also want to watch:
The novel also sees characters watching a flick at the Odeon, in Holloway Road, Holloway.
The story revolves around Emma and Dexter, played by Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess, and their up and down relationship over the course of 20 years.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
Josh Yudkin, location manager for Hadrian Productions who produced One Day, said: “It was a fantastic experience to film in Islington, and it went hitch-free.”
“The Egg is a great location, and the film office were really helpful” he added.
One Day premiered across the country yesterday (Wednesday 24).