One Day blockbuster filmed in Islington
Eagle-eyed film buffs will spot various Islington locations in blockbuster One Day starring Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess.
One of the summer’s biggest blockbusters, One Day, based on the novel by David Nicholls, opens this week and has an Islington connection.
Much of the action from the book is set in the borough and several scenes from the film were shot here last year.
Filming took place at The Egg nightclub, in York Way and York Central, in Crinan Street, King’s Cross.
Another scene, with English actress Romola Garai, was filmed inside a house in Granville Road, Stroud Green.
You may also want to watch:
The novel also sees characters watching a flick at the Odeon, in Holloway Road, Holloway.
The story revolves around Emma and Dexter, played by Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess, and their up and down relationship over the course of 20 years.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
Josh Yudkin, location manager for Hadrian Productions who produced One Day, said: “It was a fantastic experience to film in Islington, and it went hitch-free.”
“The Egg is a great location, and the film office were really helpful” he added.
One Day premiered across the country yesterday (Wednesday 24).