Preview: All Saints, King’s Head Theatre, N1
- Credit: Archant
Based on a true story and inspired by the exuberant churches and communities of Peckham, the play All Saints arrives in Islington this week.
Straight from its sold-out run at The Last Refuge theatre in Peckham Rye, the show has transferred to Islington’s King’s Head Theatre in Upper Street for a month, with performances being held on Sundays and Mondays.
Created by Nicola Baldwin and directed by Helen Sheals, it follows the story of a church volunteer who is facing deportation to Sierra Leone.
The vicar of the church where she helps out offers to support her in any way she can – but soon the church is overrun with bogus brides and a day of reckoning dawns.
Nicola described it as “a rollicking comedy about right and wrong, good and evil, and unexpected consequences. “
You may also want to watch:
Her first play, Confetti, won the George Devine and Time Out awards and her most recent play Blackshirts won the 2013 East 15/Stagetime competition.
This current production is being put on by Furious Theatre, a collective which also includes Nicola Sanderson.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
The remaining performances of the play, which opened on Sunday, are on August 11, 12 and 18 at 7.15pm, with a matinee showing at 3pm on August 18.
For more information on the show, or to book tickets, visit the website https://kingsheadtheatre.ticketsolve.com/shows/873500453/events
Tickets are priced at £16, or £12 for concessions.