Preview: All Saints, King’s Head Theatre, N1
- Credit: Archant
Based on a true story and inspired by the exuberant churches and communities of Peckham, the play All Saints arrives in Islington this week.
Straight from its sold-out run at The Last Refuge theatre in Peckham Rye, the show has transferred to Islington’s King’s Head Theatre in Upper Street for a month, with performances being held on Sundays and Mondays.
Created by Nicola Baldwin and directed by Helen Sheals, it follows the story of a church volunteer who is facing deportation to Sierra Leone.
The vicar of the church where she helps out offers to support her in any way she can – but soon the church is overrun with bogus brides and a day of reckoning dawns.
Nicola described it as “a rollicking comedy about right and wrong, good and evil, and unexpected consequences. “
You may also want to watch:
Her first play, Confetti, won the George Devine and Time Out awards and her most recent play Blackshirts won the 2013 East 15/Stagetime competition.
This current production is being put on by Furious Theatre, a collective which also includes Nicola Sanderson.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 9 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
The remaining performances of the play, which opened on Sunday, are on August 11, 12 and 18 at 7.15pm, with a matinee showing at 3pm on August 18.
For more information on the show, or to book tickets, visit the website https://kingsheadtheatre.ticketsolve.com/shows/873500453/events
Tickets are priced at £16, or £12 for concessions.