Preview: Camden Beach, The RoundHouse, NW1
- Credit: Archant
With impeccable timing the legendary Camden Beach has returned just as a prolonged spell of good weather sweeps across the country.
Last year, more than 40,000 visitors flocked to terrace at the Roundhouse, in Chalk Farm, which was transformed into an island paradise by the liberal use of 150 tonnes of sand, complete with barbeques, beach huts and live music.
This year the Beach will host free gigs every Friday throughout August with hip-hop artist Cynikal taking the stage tomorrow.
In addition, seafood lovers can enjoy a bite at pop-up food shack Fishy Business - run by the team behind the venue’s successful Made in Camden restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
With the addition of Camden Beach Pier families can enjoy a true trip to the seaside with traditional rock and candy floss stalls as well as the penny-pusher arcade game, and ping-pong.
James Heaton from the Roundhouse said: “We’re delighted to bring it back in 2013.”
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
He added: “This is a fantastic way to kick back and relax in the sun while also supporting our work.”