Preview: Camden Beach, The RoundHouse, NW1
- Credit: Archant
With impeccable timing the legendary Camden Beach has returned just as a prolonged spell of good weather sweeps across the country.
Last year, more than 40,000 visitors flocked to terrace at the Roundhouse, in Chalk Farm, which was transformed into an island paradise by the liberal use of 150 tonnes of sand, complete with barbeques, beach huts and live music.
This year the Beach will host free gigs every Friday throughout August with hip-hop artist Cynikal taking the stage tomorrow.
In addition, seafood lovers can enjoy a bite at pop-up food shack Fishy Business - run by the team behind the venue’s successful Made in Camden restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
With the addition of Camden Beach Pier families can enjoy a true trip to the seaside with traditional rock and candy floss stalls as well as the penny-pusher arcade game, and ping-pong.
James Heaton from the Roundhouse said: “We’re delighted to bring it back in 2013.”
- 1 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
He added: “This is a fantastic way to kick back and relax in the sun while also supporting our work.”