Gazpacho Gatherings: Community Garden hosts Spanish dining event
- Credit: Archant
A supper club offering “the chance to enjoy a slice of social dining: Spanish style” is stopping off at Culpeper Community Garden this Sunday, and tickets are only £5.
It's taken a while to get going, but British Summer Time actually looks set to deliver the goods this weekend.
This is superb timing for those heading to Gazpacho Gatherings; an event set up by Alvalle to offer "Londoners of all ages and backgrounds the chance to enjoy a slice of social dining: Spanish style."
Islington's Culpeper Community Garden is the venue. Here, ticket-holders can expect an event featuring a live Mediterranean cooking class, a three-course Spanish meal, the change to plant your own herbs (then take them home) and a goodie bag including a tapas cookbook and a carafe with matching glasses. Entry is £5 and all of the above is included.
This weekend's event is the second in a series of four - the first was last Saturday at Spitalfields City Farm - while the next two are based in south and west London respectively.
You may also want to watch:
"We are delighted to be launching the Gazpacho Gatherings across London and cannot wait to see our communities come together to enjoy the pleasure of truly social eating," says Alvalle's Robert Barnes.
"We hope we can inspire thousands of Londoners to embrace the spirit of the movement and gather friends and family for their very own Gazpacho Gatherings in the future!"
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 6 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
Sunday's event starts at 4pm, where guests will personalise their own gazpacho before getting stuck in at the pinchos station.
Next up is the cooking masterclass - designed to "awake the senses to the beauty of Spanish food" - before the chance to plant herbs and take the fruits of your labour back with you when it's home-time.
The evening continues with shared dining, wine and Spanish drinks tasting, with two alcoholic - and unlimited soft - drinks also included in the ticket price.
Gazpacho Gatherings is at the Culpeper Community Garden from 4pm to 7pm this Sunday (June 30). For more details, click here.