Pub launches early doors night with rising stars
- Credit: Archant
A new early doors night featuring new artists, food, drink and a disco – all before 11.30pm – launches next week.
The Secret Garden Party (SGP) and Early Doors Disco present Raiders of the Last Tube (ROLT) at The Lexington in Pentonville Road, Islington on Thursday (January 17) and the event is set to become a monthly fixture in the pub’s calendar.
Some of the best up and coming bands and DJs – selected by SGP’s Where the Wild Things Are stage and the Head Gardener – will entertain the crowds, burgers will be laid on by MEATliquor and Nice Boy DJs from the Early Doors Disco will take to the decks until 11.30pm.
The first event will see 21-year-old singer-songwriter Annie Eve, who honed her musical skills whilst attending Goldsmiths Art College, take to the stage with her angsty soul-searching folk style at 7.30pm.
She will be followed at 8.15pm by Arlissa, who has already been tipped by the BBC as one of the ‘Sounds of 2013’ in the wake of her collaboration with US hip hop artists Nas.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 6.30pm and tickets cost £5 on the door. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to avoid disappointment.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers