Pub launches early doors night with rising stars
- Credit: Archant
A new early doors night featuring new artists, food, drink and a disco – all before 11.30pm – launches next week.
The Secret Garden Party (SGP) and Early Doors Disco present Raiders of the Last Tube (ROLT) at The Lexington in Pentonville Road, Islington on Thursday (January 17) and the event is set to become a monthly fixture in the pub’s calendar.
Some of the best up and coming bands and DJs – selected by SGP’s Where the Wild Things Are stage and the Head Gardener – will entertain the crowds, burgers will be laid on by MEATliquor and Nice Boy DJs from the Early Doors Disco will take to the decks until 11.30pm.
The first event will see 21-year-old singer-songwriter Annie Eve, who honed her musical skills whilst attending Goldsmiths Art College, take to the stage with her angsty soul-searching folk style at 7.30pm.
She will be followed at 8.15pm by Arlissa, who has already been tipped by the BBC as one of the ‘Sounds of 2013’ in the wake of her collaboration with US hip hop artists Nas.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 6.30pm and tickets cost £5 on the door. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to avoid disappointment.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting