Putting the fun in fundraising: Oxjam returns to Islington and Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Both events will support Oxfam and local musicians
The relaxed atmosphere of a music festival and the priceless feeling of supporting a good cause.
This is the combination music lovers should expect from Oxjam Hackney Festival at London Fields Arches on October 1, just one of the many multi-venue music events across the UK organised by volunteers to raise money for Oxfam.
Oxjam Islington is also contributing to the effort with their festival spreading through 10 venues on Upper Street and Essex Road on October 14. Last year, Islington broke the national record for an Oxjam festival, raising £25,295.
Since its foundation in 2006, Oxjam, the month-long music festival, has brought 55,000 artists to play at 5,100 events nationwide, and raised more than £2.5 million to feed families, buy goats and provide safe drinking water.
You may also want to watch:
Both events will support the charity and local musicians, presenting the festival-goers with a lively lineup.
Winnie and the Rockettes, Discotto, Jimmi Nolan and Passion Bel Canon will take the stage to play their tunes in London Fields, while Halfpenny Pass, Plastic Barricades, Katalina Kicks and Brunk! appear in Islington at venues including Old Queens Head, Wenlock & Essex and The New Rose.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 7 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 8 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 9 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
- 10 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
Both festivals need more volunteers, who can sign up through each one’s website.
Tickets for Oxjam Hackney are on sale for £12, and Islington tickets for £10. All proceeds from tickets will go directly to Oxfam.