Putting the fun in fundraising: Oxjam returns to Islington and Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Both events will support Oxfam and local musicians
The relaxed atmosphere of a music festival and the priceless feeling of supporting a good cause.
This is the combination music lovers should expect from Oxjam Hackney Festival at London Fields Arches on October 1, just one of the many multi-venue music events across the UK organised by volunteers to raise money for Oxfam.
Oxjam Islington is also contributing to the effort with their festival spreading through 10 venues on Upper Street and Essex Road on October 14. Last year, Islington broke the national record for an Oxjam festival, raising £25,295.
Since its foundation in 2006, Oxjam, the month-long music festival, has brought 55,000 artists to play at 5,100 events nationwide, and raised more than £2.5 million to feed families, buy goats and provide safe drinking water.
You may also want to watch:
Both events will support the charity and local musicians, presenting the festival-goers with a lively lineup.
Winnie and the Rockettes, Discotto, Jimmi Nolan and Passion Bel Canon will take the stage to play their tunes in London Fields, while Halfpenny Pass, Plastic Barricades, Katalina Kicks and Brunk! appear in Islington at venues including Old Queens Head, Wenlock & Essex and The New Rose.
- 1 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 2 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 3 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 6 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 7 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 8 Can you help identify this man?
- 9 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 10 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
Both festivals need more volunteers, who can sign up through each one’s website.
Tickets for Oxjam Hackney are on sale for £12, and Islington tickets for £10. All proceeds from tickets will go directly to Oxfam.