Restaurant review: Fabrizio’s, Crouch Hill, N4
- Credit: Archant
The famous Fabrizio has opened the doors of his new restaurant in Crouch Hill, situated near the bustling Stroud Green Road.
The amiable Italian is bringing his charm to a second location, following the rip-roaring success of his Highgate Hill branch, and by the looks of things, it wont be long until he has inspired similar loyalty in the denizens of N4.
The standard was set pretty high, so I was extremely excited for what would be on offer.
Happily the menu features not only favourite dishes from the Archway eatery, but some meals specially created for the new venture.
On entry, the smell of home made bread wafted through the restaurant – a great start as my tummy then started to grumble like an old lady.
You may also want to watch:
The atmosphere was charming, with soft Italian music in the background and the warm rustic orange décor, and we settled down at the table with a chilled prosecco to peruse the menu.
To start, we had some effortlessly tasty garlic bread with melted mozzarella, followed by some fried calamari and an intriguing courgette, parma ham and cream cheese croquette.
- 1 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Letter: Saving green spaces from development
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Islington shooting victim named
Then for the main course, an awe-inspiring slow-cooked knuckle of veal in a wine and tomato sauce, alongside the gamberoni linguini – this was a delightful and much more delicate pasta with king prawns. Finally, we shared some delicious home-made strawberry and chocolate ice cream.
The food at Fabrizio’s new place is as good as I expected, and this is a must try for the lucky people of Stroud Green.